Wednesday, March 19, 2008

About Me

My name is Lauren Chew, my online name is Raine.

I'm a second year student at the University Of Western Sydney (UWS), studying a Bachelor Of Design in Visual Communication. It's a bit of a mouthful so we generally call ourselves VisComm. I graduated from High School in 2006.

I chose this course because it interested me, I've always enjoyed arts and designing (whether I'm any good at the two is debatable..) and hopefully this course will aid me in getting a job in the design industry when I'm done.

Interactive Design was an elective, I believe the other choices were Animation and Photography. I may have forgotten one, but that's irrelevant. I chose Interactive Design because out of the many possibilities Visual Communication Design offers, I prefer screen design, websites, or just designing using the computer and/or the internet.

I've had a bit of experience designing websites for others, however I have never used Dreamweaver or any other website publishing software.. My websites at the moment are all hand coded in Simpletext, and are most probably a messy mix of HTML, PHP and CSS, as I have had no professional instruction in coding.
I own a domain, which I use as a commissions site, blog, and somewhere just to recreationally design for personal projects.

No comments: